Welcome To The Swineshead Medical Group Practice
If you have just joined the practice, please take time to browse this site and keep the site address for future reference. It has been designed to offer a useful guide to the services we offer.
About The Practice
The Swineshead Medical Group was formed with four partners in 1978 when the Swineshead and Donington practices combined. The practice has steadily grown since that time in terms of the number of patients served and the range of services offered.
Approximately 8,650 patients are served from our purpose-built surgery which opened in the summer of 2005. We dispense medicines to 40% of our patients despite the villages of Swineshead and Donington both having a pharmacy.
The practice offers a wide range of services; it became a training practice in 1994, and since then a number of young doctors have undertaken some of their general practice training with us.
The practice is a designated Yellow Fever Vaccination Centre.
Our experienced health care team aims to provide a first class service at all times. Our Practice Charter sets out the rights and responsibilities of patients.
The NHS Constitution set outs the pledges the NHS has made to patients and staff.
THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY TEST
The Friends and Family Test is being implemented in all practices across England.
FFT will help practices monitor and improve services through continuous patient feedback.
You can rate and review Swineshead Medical Group at https://iwantgreatcare.org
• A chaperone service is available: some of our staff are trained to provide this service for patients undergoing an examination with the doctor or nurse. A chaperone will be offered or you can ask for one.
• There are special arrangements for those with infectious diseases and those with genuine waiting difficulty.
• A private area is available if you wish to speak to the receptionist in confidence.
• All patient facilities are on ground floor level, including toilet facilities for patients with disabilities. A wheelchair is available for use in the surgery. If you need any assistance please ask the receptionists. They will be pleased to help in any way they can.
• A parent and baby room with baby-changing facilities is available.
• A portable induction loop is available for patients with hearing difficulties.
How To Contact Us
Lincolnshire PE20 3JE
Telephone: (01205) 820204
Repeat Prescriptions: (01205) 822411
Fax: (01205) 821034
Dr Kelly, Dr Aslam, Dr Whitfield & Dr Alam
The surgery is open Monday to Friday from 08.30 - 18.30 and you are able to contact the surgery by telephone during this time.
We offer early morning and late evening appointments on some days each week.These should be booked in advance and are generally for those patients who find it difficult to get to the surgery during normal opening hours. Patients will only be allowed access to the building if they have an appointment during this time. The dispensary is not open during these extended hours and there is no telephone access to the surgery during these times.
There will be doctors and nurses on duty throughout most of the day.
The practice would like to thank the various advertisers who have helped to produce this Website. However, it must be pointed out that the accuracy of any statements cannot be warranted, nor any products or services advertised, be guaranteed or endorsed.