The Swineshead Medical Group provides 28-day repeat prescriptions for medicines that you and your nurse or doctor agree you should take regularly. It is your responsibility to re-order medicines before your supply runs out.
Whenever possible, in order to minimise the risk of error, you should use the right-hand side of your prescription to order your next supply of medicines. Just tick the items you require and leave the request slip at the dispensary or reception desk. Alternatively, you can post your request to the surgery with a stamped self-addressed envelope.
You can also ring the dedicated repeat prescription answering service at any time on 01205 822411. Please leave your full name and date of birth and the name and dose of the items you require.
Online Repeat Prescription
You can now sign up for the online repeat prescription ordering service. Please ask reception for details and a password.
Click here to login into SystmOnline.
Please allow two full working days for your request to be processed. This allows time for your request to be discussed with your doctor if necessary or to contact you if there is a problem. You will need photo ID if you are collecting controlled medications.
We can also arrange for your prescription to be collected by the local pharmacy in Swineshead or Donington. You can then pick up the prepared prescription directly from the pharmacy. You will need to speak to the pharmacy staff to organise this and you may have to fill in a form. If you are collecting any kind of controlled medication you will need to bring some form of photographic identification. Also:
- Please remember medicines you don't use cannot be recycled.
- Please do not order any items that you do not intend to take.
- Please don't stockpile medicines.
- Please tell us if you are taking your medicines differently from how we think you are taking them; we would prefer to know and won't be upset!
- Please don't use medicines that have been prescribed for someone else.
- Please return out of date items to the surgery or your local pharmacy.